Internal Complaint Committee
Government of India proclaimed the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act 2013, which replaced Apex Courts Vishakha guidelines of 1997. The act laid down a grievance redressal mechanism under which it was mandatory for all educational institutions to setup Internal Complaint Committee to look into such complaints. UGC has also enacted University Grants Commission (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal of sexual harassment of women employees and students in higher education institutes) regulation 2015 on 2nd May 2016.
The college also follows a zero tolerance towards sexual harassment. The Internal Complaint Committee is formed by the directives issued by UGC.
- To prevent sexual harassment by promoting gender amity among staff, students and other employees.
- To deal with cases of sexual harassment in a time bound manner.
- To undertake all necessary and reasonable steps to sensitize the students and employees on gender related issues and for that various activities like seminars, workshops, lectures etc to be done at regular intervals.
- To create sexual harassment free academic and working environment.
Procedure for filing a complaint
- Complaints regarding sexual harassment must be done in written within a period of 3 months from date of incidence.
- Nature of the complaint should be clearly stated in detail with date and location.
- The complaint must be made in no case anonymous and the aggrieved person’s name and address should be legible.
- The written complaint may be handed over to any internal member of the ICC- STC.
Working of ICC
- All complaints must be dealt with confidentially.
28 October 2021: An online workshop on “Breast Cancer Awareness” was organized in association with an NGO ASHVA, Lanka, Varanasi. The main speakers were Dr. Bina Singh, Former HoD, Dept. of English, VKM, Kamachha, Varanasi and Dr. Esha Pal, Surgical Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
- 14 August 2021: An online workshop on “Menstrual Health and Hygiene” was organized. The speaker was Dr. Shikha Sachan, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, IMS, BHU
- 07 August 2021: One day workshop on “Need for Gender Sensitization” was organized. The Key speaker was Prof. Madhu Kushwaha, Faculty of Education, BHU.
- 31 July - 01 August 2020: Two days International Virtual Conference on “Gender Equality: Social Reflections in Present Scenario” was organized in collaboration with Lakshyam NGO, New Delhi. The distinguished speakers was Prof. Gerise Herndon, Nebraska Wesleyan University, USA, Prof. Wendy Olsen, University of Manchester, UK, Prof. Chandrakala Padia, Maharaja Ganga Singh University, Rajasthan, Prof. Sushma Yadav, B.P.S.Mahila Vishwavidyalaya, Khanpur Kalan, Haryana, Prof. Vibhuti N. Patel, TISS, Mumbai, Prof. Rekha Pande, Former Director, Centre for Women's Studies, University of Hyderabad, Dr. Nupur Tiwary, Indian Institute of Public Administration New Delhi and Ms. Raashi Anand, Founder of Lakshyam, An NGO, New Delhi.
- 06 September 2019: A Legal Awareness Program “Legal Awareness for Protection of Right of Women” was organized for students and faculty members in collaboration with Legal Aid and Service Clinic, Faculty of Law, BHU.
- 03 October 2018: A competition was organized on “Law related to Women for Generating Awareness about Legal Rights of Women” under the sponsorship of National Commission for Women, Govt. of India. Total 262 students participated in the competition, out of which Ms. Priyanka Gupta, BA III Year (Pol. Sc.) got first prize of Rs. 2000, Ms. Divya Darshan, BA III Year (Pol. Sc.) got second prize of Rs. 1500 and Ms. Subharmita Das and Ms. Anjaly Pandey, BA I Year (History), and Chandani Yadav, MA I Year (Economics), got third prize of Rs. 1000 each.
22 September 2018: A special lecture on “Legal Rights of Women” was organized. The speaker was Mr. Deepak Singh, Advocate, High Court, Allahabad.
- 17 September 2018: A Legal Awareness Program on “Issues of Sexual Harassment” was organized for teachers. The speaker was Mr. Ajay Suman, Deshpande Foundation, Varanasi.
- 28 March 2018: A Legal Awareness Program on “Protection of Rights of Women” was organized for students in collaboration with Legal Aid and Service Clinic, Faculty of Law, BHU.
- 6 January 2018: A dialogue on “Sexual Harassment at Workplace” was organized. The key speakers were Prof. (Dr.) Geraldine Forbes, Professor of History, State University of New York Oswego, New York, USA and Sidney Leopard Greenblatt, Retired Associate Professor of Sociology, Drew University, and International Student Advisor, Syracuse University, New York.
- 14 October 2017: A lecture on “Gender Sensitization at Workplace” for Teaching, Non- Teaching and Support Staff was organized. The speaker was Mr. Ajay Suman, Deshpande Foundation.
- 13 October 2017: A lecture on “Gender Sensitization at Workplace” for students was organized. The speaker was Mr. Ajay Suman, Deshpande Foundation.
|Dr. Ranjana Seth, Convener
|Dr. Sushila Bharti, Member
|Dr. Punita Pathak, Member
|Dr. G. Thavasi Murugan, Member
|Dr. Sarika Singh, Member