J. Krishnamurti Study Centre
J. Krishnamurti Study Centre (Estd. March 2014) is the first centre on J. Krishnamurti in India sponsored by UGC under its scheme “The Epoch-Making Social Thinkers of India”. It was set up in accordance with the rules and regulations specified by the UGC. Since then, it has been running successfully and has completed eight years in 2022. The purpose of the centre is to promote the teachings of J. Krishnamurti.
Krishnamurti said that intelligence love and compassion is one and the same thing. He sets up schools where both the teachers and the students could develop a kind of education in which there could be a flowering of goodness and awakening of intelligence in a child.
The centre is being used as a platform where the students and the teachers meet in an informal setting and have a dialogue on contemporary issues in the light of teachings of Krishnamurti. Video shows of Krishnamurti’s talks and discussions are also organised from time to time. The Centre leads us to believe that if students are taught to commune silently with nature and the seeds of fundamental questions are sown in their psyche while they are still young, the quality of education may undergo a remarkable transformation.
The students also get an opportunity to use the library at the study Centre of KFI and spend some time in an ambience of natural beauty and quietude. The centre is not just a physical entity with a fixed location; therefore, the lectures are also organized for students staying in Vasanta Ashram (hostel) as often as possible.
- 13-14 May 2020: A two-day Online National Seminar on “Emergence of Reinvigorated Human Beings and The Pandemic” was organized. The key speakers were Sri Chidananda, Prof. Vedaparayana and Prof. Rajneesh Kumar Shukla, Hon’ble Vice Chancellor, Wardha University.
- 22 February 2018: A lecture was delivered by Prof. P. Krishna on Krishnamurti Vision on Education for teachers of the college.
- 28 August 2017: A lecture on K’s Vision was delivered by Mr. Siddharth Menon, Trustee, Krishnamurti Foundation India.
- 18 January 2017: The centre has organized Walk and Talk on K-Trail to carry forward the Importance of Nature in K’s Teaching, from office to sunset point and New Ganga Cottage Terrace for students and employees.
- 28 December 2016: A nine day International Workshop on “The Quest for Truth” was organized in collaboration with The Krishnamurti Centre, KFI, Rajghat and Stichting Krishnamurti, Netherlands. The keynote speakers were Mr. Peter Jonkers, Secretary, Stichting Krishnamurti, Netherlands and Prof. P. Krishna, Trustee, Krishnamurti Foundation India, Varanasi. It was attended by 45 delegates from Netherlands, Spain, USA, Israel and India.
- 19 December 2016: A one day workshop for non-teaching staff on J. Krishnamurti: Life & Teaching and a documentary film show by Sri Chaitany Nagar, Resource Person, K. Centre and Dr. Vibha Joshi, Director, K. Centre.
- 15 - 21 November 2016: A seven days UGC sponsored national workshop on A Holistic Approach to Life: Exploring the Views of J Krishnamurti and other Social Thinkers. The keynote speakers were Prof. Geshe Ngawang Samten, Vice Chancellor, Central University of Tibetan Studies, Sarnath, Varanasi, Prof. Makrand Paranjape, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, Prof. Manas Mukul Das, Allahabad University, Prof. Akhilesh Kumar, Director, Aurobindo Centre, Prof Awadhesh Pradhan, BHU, Prof. Ajeet narayan Tripathi, Former Coordinator, Malaviya Mulya Anusheelan Kendra, BHU, Dr. Alok Tandon, Fellow, Indian Council of Philosophical Research, Prof. P. Krishna, Manager, VCW, Shri S .N. Dubey, Joint Manager, VCW and many others.
- 21-22 October 2016: A workshop on Krishnamurti and Learning Mind by Shri Kabir Jaiteertha, Trustee, Krishnamurti Foundation India
- 01 September 2016: Three month certificate course on Sri J. Krishnamurti was conduted. The key speakers were Prof. P. Krishna, Manager, VCW, Ms. Zakia Kidwai, Secretary, Krishnamurti Foundation India, Sri S.N. Dubey, Director, Rajghat Education Centre, Sri Mukesh Gupta, In-charge, Krishnamurti Study Centre, Rajghat and Sri Chaitanaya Nagar, Resource Person, K. Centre.