Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
The establishment of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as per the
guidelines and mandate of NAAC has a pivotal and fundamental role concerning quality
education in HEIs. The IQAC, was set up in Vasanta College for Women, Rajghat, Varanasi
in the year 2005. Since then, it is functioning as the key role player in preparation, planning,
maintenance and improvement the academic and administrative welfare, and quality
enhancement functions in the college. This core body works constantly for the holistic
growth and development of the college.
The major objectives of Internal Quality Assurance Cell are:
- To ensure the academic and administration functioning, through adopting and
institutionalizing various quality initiatives and maintaining the quality culture through
- Elevation of higher standard of teaching and learning by evolving novel mechanisms
and strategies through amalgamation of traditional and modern methodologies
- To enhance the ICT incorporation in Teaching Learning and Administrative
- To promote the quality enhancement in research and publication in college, by
constantly encouraging faculty for more academic allocation of support structure and
services by using ICT.
- To ensure the adequacy, maintenance, and appropriate allocation for support
structure and services.
- Preparation, collection, and evaluation of feedback system from all stake holders for
continuous and optimal improvement
Some of the functions of IQAC are:
- Preparation and submission of Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) every
year, as per the mandate and guidelines of NAAC.
- Documentation of all the academic, cultural and other activities/events with the help
of concerned departments.
- Developing a quality culture at various levels in functioning of the college by setting
up parameters of academic and other activities.
- Quick & Clear dissemination of information for optimal results and benefits.
- Facilitating the learner-centric environment, supported by participating teaching–
- Organization of various in-house and inter institutional workshops / seminars /
webinars to promote research quality culture.
- Promotion of research and publication in faculty as well as in students though
various motivational lectures/seminars/webinars, and also to recommend support for
- Up-gradation of Library resources, procurement of more books/journals, e-journals
- Institutional social responsibility through National Social Scheme (NSS) and Unnat
Bhartat Abhiyan (UBA).
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders every year, with regard to
quality related aspects and process.
- Inculcation of values and character strength among students, thus contributing in