Vasanta College for Women, strives to work in an atmosphere where there is no fear, no authority, only love, affection and good relationship, the core of Krishnamurti’s Philosophy. With this mission of providing safe, fair and harmonious learning and work environment Grievance Cell was set up at the college in accordance with the University Grants Commission regulations 2012 (The Gazette of India, March 23-29, 2013) in September 2015 to probe into stakeholders grievances.
The Grievance Redressal Cell attends the grievances and complaints made by students regarding academic matters, library and other facilities for the students. Using an unbiased approach, the Cell ensures effective solution to the grievances. The Cell enables the students to express their grievances by initiatingand following the grievance procedure in accordance with the rules and regulations of theCollege. The cell meets periodically, examines the nature and pattern of the grievances and redresses it accordingly. Any student with a genuine grievance may approach Grievance Redressal Cell to submit his/her grievance in writing or send through e-mail on “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
- To maintain the dignity of the institution by promoting cordial Student-Student relationship, Student-Teacher relationship and Teacher-Teacher relationship;
- To ensure effective solution to the stakeholders' grievances with an impartial and fair approach and in complete confidentiality.
- To investigate the reason of dissatisfaction.
- To enlighten the students on their duties and responsibilities.
- Encouraging the Students to express their grievances / problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
- Suggestion/Complaint Box is installed in which the Students, who want to remain anonymous, put in writing their grievances and their suggestions for improvement of the Academics/Administration in the College.
The cell is composed of teaching staff as its members and Principal as the chairman. The cell is re-constituted after every two years. Care is taken to select staff members from each stream. The cell meets twice to solve the grievances thus raised by the students in the class committee meeting. The Cell consists of the Principal, Convenor, Faculty Members & Student Representatives.
- Selection of Convener: Convenor is selected by sole discretion of the Principal.
- Selection of Faculty Member: - Faculty members are selected by the Principal with the consultation of the cell coordinator.
- Selection of Student Representatives: - Student representatives are selected from different courses on voluntary basis.
- Role of Convenor: The Convenor has to coordinate with all the members and students representatives for issues pertaining to Grievance Redressal Cell.
- Role of Faculty Member: Faculty member shall participate in meetings and give his/her suggestion to redress the grievances in best way possible.
- Provides information about the Cell's objectives and mode of operation.
- Acknowledges and analyse the grievances.
- Seeks a solution through decision-making process
- Reports the grievances and records how they were redressed.
- The students will be made aware about the procedures throughthe induction programme at the beginning of every academic year.
The Grievance and Redressal Cell shall receive and redress the grievances of the following issues:
- Academic issues related to teaching, learning and evaluation activities.
- Student-teacher, student-student grievances
- Grievances related to library, bus, canteen and other services.
- Grievances related to sports, cultural
- Grievances related to behaviour of stakeholders
Student Grievance Form
- The grievances shall be redressed depending on the nature of the grievance. The Grievances are invited through suggestion boxes and through email.
- Department level counselling is offered where the matter can be resolved
- Grievances pertaining to academic and internal evaluation shall be redressed at individual/faculty /HOD/ principal level.
- As soon as the application is received the Redressal Committee shall review the complaint and invites both the parties for discussion. The outcome of the discussion is reported to the Principal for further action to be taken.
Redressal of Grievances
- The grievances are redressed at the Priority is given according to the urgency of the complaint.
- In all cases the aggrieved will informed of the measures taken.
- Measures are taken to ensure that there is no repetition of the same complaint.
The proceedings and the information of grievances shall be treated as confidential and can be viewed only by the members of Grievance Redressal Cell, for the purpose of investigation. In order to monitor the redressal process from time to time the Grievance Redressal Cell shall maintain a grievance register under the supervision of Coordinator of Grievance Redressal Cell. The register will be treated as confidential and may not be accessed by anyone other than the members of Grievance Redressal Committee.
||Prof. Alka Singh
||Prof. Amrapali Trivedi
||Dr. R.N. Mohanta
||Dr. Archana Tiwari
||Dr. Jai Singh
||Dr. Sanjay Kumar Verma
||Dr. Richa Singh
||Dr. Usha Dixit
||Student Representatives (All streams)